expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, May 5, 2017

#CoverReveal Twisted: Imperfect Love kindle world by @authormandibeck @InkSlingerPR


TWISTED by Mandi Beck 

 
Release Day: June 6th
Imperfect Love Kindle Worlds 

BLURB : 
​TWISTED

Three friends walk into a bar . . . One walks out the fake girlfriend of a hot, bearded Scotsman.

Fannin McGuire is up for promotion at Tate and Cane Enterprises, but first she has to make it through her stepsister’s wedding. To Fannin’s ex. Yep. Her ex-fiancé is about to be her new brother-in-law. One big happy family. And lucky her, she also gets to work with him. 
While Fannin is putting all of her energy into her career, her ex is putting all of his energy into making her life hell. Just when Fannin is sure she’ll be attending the wedding without a plus one, in walks Jasper James to save the day. He’s the bartender at the Iron Flask, the account she’s trying to land, and everything she didn’t know she needed or wanted. Before Fannin knows what’s happening, Jasper is playing knight in shining armor and she likes it. And him. A lot. With his smooth Scottish accent, ridiculously good looks, and that beard? She doesn’t stand a chance. 
Jasper isn’t in the habit of rescuing anyone. But when Fannin is confronted by her ex about her lack of a date for his upcoming nuptials, Jasper can’t help but step in. Her wild hair, violet eyes, and killer legs have him doing a few things he normally wouldn’t. Never mind that he shouldn’t be getting involved with the woman in charge of making the bar a global success. 
Their fake relationship becomes more real than either thought it would. Now they’re at the mercy of their feelings when truths are twisted, and the lies don’t taste as smooth as the whisky 
 

​EXCERPT : 
​TWISTED 


“Hey, mate. Whatcha staring at over here, eh?”
Gesturing with my glass to the stunning image in the mirror, that wild hair of hers, the elegant column of her neck as she throws her head back and laughs, “Fannin.” 
“Ahhh, that’s her then?” He whistles between his teeth. “I can see the appeal. Introduce us.” Theo slaps my back and walks to stand in front of Fannin and Shelby, waiting for me. Taking another sip, I join them.
“Ladies, this is the manager of the Iron Flask, Theo Carre. Theo this beauty here is Fannin McGuire, and her gorgeous friend is Shelby Mends. I believe you had the pleasure of speaking to both of them earlier today.” I watch as my oldest friend clasps Shelby’s hand and then Fannin’s, holding hers between his two larger ones and saying something that I can’t hear but makes her smile shyly. 
Shoving him playfully, I go to stand beside Fannin’s seat, caging her in with one hand on the bar and the other on the back of her stool. “What did I tell you? Reputation.” 
“Oh, that’s rich coming from you, king of the kilt over here. Watch out for him, Fannin. He’ll seduce you with whisky and that plaid skirt of his,” Theo throws back. 
“Cheeky fucker. King of the kilt?” I grumble with absolute zero heat. “Go manage something, why don’t ya?” 
He laughs, “I’m actually getting ready to go through all the things you ladies sent over after our conference call. Brilliant ideas.” 
“Oh good. I hope that they’re what the owner and your team are looking for. I love spending time in here -- it’s really helped with my brainstorming,” Fannin tells him as Shelby nods in agreement. 
“The owner will love it. Not that it matters since I’m in charge here.” He winks at them. “It’s been a pleasure, enjoy the rest of your evening. Drinks are all on Jasper.” He gives a little wave and makes his way to the office. 

“He seems really nice.” 
“Aye, he’s a good one. We’ve been friends since we were just wee lads actually. Went to secondary school together, what you all call ‘high school,’ and then to Uni.” I still have her caged in, the smell of her wrapping itself around me. Something sweet and floral with a hint of spice. It’s all Fannin. 
“Did he move here with you?” Shelby asks as she taps on her phone.
“No, he’d been here for a year or two before I came. He helped to set this whole place up. It’s his baby.” 
“And the owner clearly trusts him,” Fannin adds.
“Aye.” 
“Excuse me, I have to take this.” Shelby slides off the stool and weaves her way to the restrooms. 
With the glass to her smiling lips, Fannin looks at me through lowered lashes. “So, is that what you’re trying to do? Seduce me with whisky and a plaid skirt?” 
“Oh, you’ll know when I’m seducing you, love.” I take a step closer, closing the space between us, forcing her to sit back in her seat. “You’ll feel it in every inch of this gorgeous body.”  
Ignoring the room and all the people in it, I run my nose along her jaw, stopping to whisper into her hair. “I won’t need whisky, and the only skirt that I’ll be getting into is yours.” 

 ​

No comments:

Post a Comment