expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Author Spotlight!! Elizabeth Wyke

Author Spotlight!

Elizabeth Wyke
  
Author Interview

What prompted you to write your first book?

A few years ago I took some online creative writing classes to polish my attempt at writing fiction (a lifelong dream). The very first assignment from the very first course sparked the idea for my first book. I naturally had dozens of other story-lines itching to be heard, but I couldn’t let this one go. I didn’t even realize at first that it would be a full-length novel, much less that it would eventually turn in to a trilogy!

Is there anything or anyone in particular that you draw inspiration from?

Inspiration comes to me in many forms at any given time of day or night. I’ll see a photo, hear a word, a phrase, a lyric, etc and think, “Oh yeah. I need to write about that.” So I’ll jot it down in my ongoing writing journal saved on my phone (so it’s with me 24/7!!) and come back to it later. Many a story-line has been developed, or at least been sparked, from such events.

Which story has been your favorite to write?

Full-length? The only one I have written so far! ;) But I do enjoy writing short-stories as well. The swift completion is rewarding and sometimes helps spur creativity.

Is there a book concept you’re just dying to write?

YES!!!! I have this one story I’ve been carrying around for YEARS!!! It’s definitely my next project, and is sure to sizzle!

Which character of yours, is your favorite?

That’s like asking a mother, “Which one is your favorite child?” LOL…. They all have they’re individual qualities I love. But to pick just one, today’s answer would be Macy from my CALL IT series. She’s classy, sassy, and bit smart-assy and therefore definitely a fun character to write.

Do you have a favorite book?

This answer would change on any given day. But since I was just talking about it with a friend the other day, I’m going to say the Tiger’s Curse series by Colleen Houck.

Who is your favorite Disney character?

Cinderella

Do you have a method to your writing process? Outlining, etc.

E.L. Doctorow has a quote that resonated with me while writing CALL IT FATE. He said, “Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” That was me to a T! I didn’t really know where I was going, just let the characters speak for themselves and lead me to the conclusion. With CALL IT DESTINY I have the plot mapped out in bullet-form, but allow myself the freedom to alter its course as it develops.

Have you ever gone back to book you’ve published and wished you could have changed the ending or some other major aspect of the story?
          
No not yet… ask me again in a few years ;)

What is the one piece of advice you’d give to new writers?

Read!! A lot!! (Read the good ones and the not-as-good-ones. They’ll each have a lesson in there you can learn from.) Write!! A lot!! Dream BIG, and then dream even BIGGER! And in the end, JUST DO IT!


About Elizabeth Wyke

Hello friends! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm Elizabeth Wyke, author of the new-adult, sci-fi romance novel, Call It Fate.

Though a Colorado native, I've lived most of my life where the wind comes sweeping down the plains, in the great state of Oklahoma. Here I live with a ton of testosterone… my amazing husband, two incredible sons, and three dogs – two of which are also male, and thus testosterone-driven, as well. Most of my free time (i.e. after the kids are asleep) is spent replenishing what dwindling estrogen levels remain, by reading and writing sappy love stories.

I discovered my love for creative writing as a teenager, and always dreamed of penning a full-length novel, but honestly never thought I'd really do it. Then after falling in love with so many indie authors, I thought to myself, "Well if they were brave enough to do it, certainly I can be too, right?" So in-between my duties as wife and mommy, I took some online writing classes to polish the attempt, and from the very first writing assignment, the idea of Call It Fate was born. I knew right then I would eventually turn it in to a book. And here we are.

I am currently working on part two of the trilogy... stick around for more news on its production.

I'm a real Facebook junkie, and hope you take a second to like my page over there so we can connect, and really stay connected long-term. I've said before some of my other "healthy" (ok, maybe not so healthy) addictions are über-sweet coffee drinks, and all things Maroon 5. But I'm really just a big fan of music in general. It plays a huge role in my writing, and also day-to-day life, motivating me to kick it in gear and fold some laundry, or clean up the dishes. I've often said, "a workout is only as good as its playlist"...but really, that could be said for just about everything in my daily life.

I'm always on the lookout for new books, and new music... please let me know what you love! I'm eager to hear your suggestions, so bring 'em on!

Thanks again for stopping by. I can't wait to connect with you!

Happy Reading,
Lizzie
Stalk Her 



Support Lizzie on her Street Team! 
Lizzie’s Lovelies

Lizzie’s Lovlies will get advance news of upcoming projects, exclusive excerpts, giveaways and early views of teasers and covers!

Become one of Lizzie’s Lovelies Here

Books by Elizabeth Wyke

Call is Fate
By Elizabeth Wyke
Release Date: March 25, 2014
Genre: New Adult Romance, Sci-fi

Discovering a long-kept secret…
Helped by a mysterious stranger…
Sometimes, fate takes you by surprise.

Locating a book in the campus library unexpectedly embarks college sophomore, Hannah McCurry, into a life-altering journey as she stumbles across something she never expected. A secret not only protected from the world at large, but essentially hidden, specifically, from her.

Joining Hannah, with a secret of his own, is the gloriously handsome librarian, Spencer Rush. Meeting him was fate. Trusting him was a choice. But falling for him was beyond her control.

Through her life-changing quest, doubts increase while truths of her past are unveiled. Two seemingly unrelated instruments become the keys to unlocking her future. A book. And a stranger.

Call it FATE. Call it INTENSE. Definitely call it HEAT.

Buy Links
Amazon  ©   Goddreads





No comments:

Post a Comment