expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 14, 2016

#NewRelease #Excerpt Baby Steps by @AuthorFionaD



Baby Steps
Yeah, Baby Series #2
Fiona Davenport
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance


99 CENTS
Available on Kindle Unlimited
PURCHASE LINKS:


BLURB:
Guy Rule #2: No sleeping with your step-sister

Lucas St. James is accustomed to women wanting something from him. They tend to see his good looks and fat bank account but never the man underneath. After a passionate weekend with Jade Jones, he assumes she’s no different and cuts her loose. But he’s in for the shock of his life when he sees her again at his dad’s lawyer’s office.

Jade swore she’d never follow her mom’s advice about it being as easy to love a rich man as a poor one. Although she has the blonde bombshell looks to attract a sugar daddy, she’s not the gold digger Lucas accused her of being. Her mom might have lured his dad into marriage before their untimely death, but Jade is focused on making it on her own.

Now they’re permanently connected by their parent’s marriage, the terms of his dad’s will—and the fact that Jade is carrying her step-brother's baby.



(Review here, if reviewing)



EXCERPT
“You’ve been named in Jonathan’s will.”

“Why would he even do that when we’d never met? I mean, I didn’t even know he existed,” I mumbled the last part, cringing a little at blurting it out like that. “When would he have had time to add me to his will?”

“Jonathan was a man who knew how to get things done quickly.” I held back an inappropriate giggle while thinking about how fast my mom had to have moved to get him to marry her so swiftly. Apparently spritzing men’s cologne in a high-end department store finally paid off. “And considering the size of his estate, he didn’t want to leave anything to chance once your mom was a part of his life.”

I couldn’t help but think of all the men who’d paraded through my mom’s world while I was growing up. As different as we were and despite the distance between us, I loved her dearly. It was deeply saddening to know she’d finally met a man who apparently treasured her the way she’d always wanted, only to die shortly afterward.

I stood, intending to step away for a moment to gain control of my emotions before I ended up sobbing in front of a stranger. My stomach had another form of embarrassment in mind instead. The breakfast burrito I’d gobbled down this morning crept back up my throat. My gaze darted around the room, frantically searching for a place where I could vomit. “I think I’m going to be sick,” I mumbled past the hand I’d slapped over my mouth.

The lawyer rolled his chair back and started to pull a trash can out from under his desk. I didn’t have enough time to wait for him and scampered around to his side, falling to my knees and thanking my lucky stars when my puke hit the bottom of the trash can. A couple minutes later, once my stomach was empty, I realized I’d trapped Mr. Wilkinson in his chair because the wall was right behind him. Grabbing the handkerchief he was holding out for me and lifting it to swipe at my lips, I felt my cheeks heat as I rose to my feet again.

“What the hell are you doing here, Jade?” The question was growled from behind me in a raspy voice with which I was intimately familiar. I swiveled on my heel and came face-to-face with Lucas St. James. In his three-piece suit, with his dark hair perfectly styled and chocolate brown eyes glaring daggers at me, he looked nothing like the man who’d left me tousled and naked in a hotel room bed six weeks ago.  “And why the fuck were you giving my dad’s lawyer a blow job under his desk?”

I felt the little blood which was left in my face after my puke-fest drain. I wasn’t sure if it was because Lucas had just said “dad” which meant he was most likely the step-brother in question or if it was the blow job insult. 



OTHER BOOKS BY FIONA DAVENPORT
**All books available on Kindle Unlimited**
99 CENTS

Risqué Contracts Series
Penalty Clause
Contingency Plan
Fraternization Rule

Yeah, Baby Series
Baby, You’re Mine






ABOUT FIONA DAVENPORT

Hello! My name is Fiona Davenport and I'm a smutoholic. I've been reading raunchy romance novels since... well, forever and a day ago it seems. And now I get to write sexy stories and share them with others who are like me and enjoy their books on the steamier side. Fiona Davenport is my super-secret alias, which is kind of awesome since I've always wanted one.

AUTHOR LINKS:



THANK YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment