expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Boyfriend

My Book Boyfriend this week is


Iain Maitland
from Judy Garwood’s The Secret.


Hosted by Stuck in Books


Iain is the tall, handsome, silent type.

A completes alpha,

“I'll stay away from you and you'll stay away from me. I'm already over this insignificant, puny, inconsequential attraction. I don't even remember kissing you."
They had reached the cluster of trees in front of the courtyard leading to Frances Catherine's cottage when she told him that outrageous lie.
"The hell you have forgotten," he muttered. He grabbed hold of her shoulders and forced her to turn around. Then he took hold of her chin and pushed her face up.
"What do you think you're doing?" she demanded.
"Reminding you.” 

Who tries to hide his sweet side,
         
It was a damned awkward undertaking, trying to think of loving words, and he had absolutely no experience in this area, but he was still determined not to muck it up.
            The moment needed to be perfect for her. “Judith,” he began.
“Yes, Iain?”
“I’m keeping you.”

And is a little bit vulnerable,

“Even if I wanted to [marry you], it isn’t possible.”
“You do want to marry me,” He countered. “Don’t you?”
He was staggered by the possibility that she didn’t want to marry him. He had to shake his head. “You damn well do,” he told her then.

But determined,

“You’re right, you need more time to consider this proposal. Take as long as you need.”
There was something in his voice that made her suspicious. She realized what it was almost immediately. Iain was vastly amused. “How long do I have to consider this proposal?”
            “You’re sleeping in my bed tonight. I thought you might want to be married first.”

And in the end, he surrender’s to love,

          “Iain, we don’t have a chapel,” she reminded him.
            “We will have one,” he explained. “By next summer at the very latest. It has to be ready on the day of our first wedding anniversary.”
            “Why?”
So we can have a proper mass inside to celebrate our union,” he explained. He smiled over the startle his announcement caused her, and gently nudged her away from the tree. He took her place, and as soon as he was comfortable, he lifted her into his lap. He leaned down and kissed her brow. “With flowers, Judith,” he told her in a husky whisper. “They’ll fill the chapel, I promise.”

And complete devotion.

“He shrugged. "I was...thinking."
"About what?"
"The fires of purgatory."
She had to sit down. He wasn't making any sense now. "What does that mean?" she asked.
"Patrick told me he would walk through the fires of purgatory if he had to in order to please his wife."
She went over to the bed and sat down on the side. "And?" she prodded when he didn't continue.
He stripped out of his clothing and walked over to her. He pulled her to her feet and stared down to her.
"And I have only just realized I would do the same for you.” 

Can you see why I love him?

2 comments:

  1. I read this book a while ago and I loved it! I buy all Julie's books because the lady has fabioulus books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Saving Gracw was my first romance novel and I've been hooked on her ever since! Her men are s sexy!

      Delete