expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Book Blogger Test


I thought this was super cute!

The Book Blogger Test

    © Much love to Nicolette Kosa from Days of Books and Starlight for tagging me!  © 

    
     1.         What are your top three book pet peeves?
à                     Book reviews that are mean and/or disparaging to the author, characters, readers, etc.
à                     People judging my choice of book (You’re never too old to read YA!).
à                     Books not being cared for L.

    2.    Describe your perfect reading spot.
à                     A room just for books. I’ve always wanted the library from Beauty and the Beast.

However, I’d settle for ones like these!



 






    3.      Tell us three book confessions.
à                     My husband has no idea how much money I truly spend on books since I manage our money… (I feel a little guilty about it…until I hear about a new book I just HAVE to have.)
à                     When I re-read a book, I usually skim over or skip the angst ridden parts. My heart can’t take it a second time! Especially if they made me cry…
à                     When I begin a book and I don’t like it, I have a hard time not finishing it (especially it I’ve paid for it!), so I will usually skim through the rest of the book rather than just put it down and move on.

    4.     When was the last time you cried during a book?
à                     I am (unfortunately) an extremely emotional person (the actor in me… *sigh*), so it doesn’t take a lot to make me cry. However, there are books that make me mope around for days…lol. The last book to cause me major angst was Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. However, the entire Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout has me crying on and off, but Sentinel especially,

5.      How many books are on your bedside table?
à                     I don’t read much in bed, so I’m going to refer to the table by my couch. Lol. I always have both my kindle and iPad at the ready (I’m picky about the paper books I keep due to limited space) but, I’ve got 3 paper books sitting there right now too.

    6.     What is your favorite snack to eat while you are reading?
à                     I’ll eat anything. If it’s messy, I’ll prop my e-reader up in front of me. J

    7.     Name three books you would recommend to anyone.
à                     Tough, tough, question. I have favorite books, but they aren’t necessarily books I would recommend to EVERYONE. So, I’ll narrow it down to readers of romance.(These change frequently though...lol) Ok...I doubled it...








8.      Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your book case.
à                     After living in NYC for 3 yrs, my book collection took a serious hit. So, I’m currently rebuilding it. But, I have two favorite shelves, one is contemporary books that I love, and the other are hardbound, gold leafed and/or antique books. Some of the ones for the top shelf haven't arrived yet...lol.



    9.      Write how much books mean to you in three words.
à                     Escape from reality.

    10.   What is your biggest reading secret?

à                     I rarely read books with a sad ending. I read books based on recommendation a lot because of this. It’s one of the reasons I love romance novels, they almost always have the HEA. I live in reality, I want to escape to a happier world in my books. 


Tagging Kelly Naggy from Book Crushin ©©

No comments:

Post a Comment