expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Swoon Thursday 9/11/14

Swoon Thursday
Hosted by YA Bound
Here's how it works.

Pick a book you’ve read and tell us what made you Swoon. What got your heart racing, or melting? What had you squirming in your seat or causing butterflies in your stomach?

Tweet that baby with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments (don’t forget the link if you have a blog or other url you posted it on! ), or grab the sexy, swoonworthy button and share it on your blog! Inquiring minds want to know!





With Rival just released, I’ve definitely been swooning over this series. However, while Maddox is…so very yummy. He hasn’t replaced Jared for me. 

Until you

By Penelope Douglas
Published: February 18, 2014



From Goodreads:

Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.

Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.

Except Tatum.

I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.

So I hurt her. I pushed her away.

But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.

But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.

Now, when I push, she pushes back



**This novel contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+. 



Swoon… Jared



“She’d wrapped her legs around me, and I ran my hands up her thighs, in complete awe of her soft, hot skin. We weren’t going to fucking move until my hands or mouth had been on every part of her.
As I kissed her neck, she brought my face back up to her lips, and I reveled in how she responded. She wanted this as much as I did.
Hell, yes.
I knew I didn’t deserve it. I knew she deserved more. But I was going to bury myself in this girl or spend my life trying. I couldn’t get her close enough or kiss her fast enough. I wanted more.
I dove for the little spot under her ear, smelling and aching for her. I felt freer with her body wrapped around mine than I had in years.
‘Jared, stop.’ She pulled her head away from me, but I just kept going. Nope. You. Me. And a fucking bed. Now.”


I had to include this quote because while it’s incredibly hot in the beginning, the rest of it left me laughing my head off. It’s one of my favorites.


“I leaned up on one hand and grasped her thigh with the other, moving my hips between her kegs faster and faster. More and more. Harder and harder.
My eyes closed, the pressure inside of me at its breaking point.
Fuck.
I looked down into her blissful face, and dived into her a few more times before letting it all go.
Cool fire spread through my veins, and all the air left my body as I dollapsed on top of her, breathing like a marathon runner.
‘Jared, I need a clean shir-oh.’
My head snapped up, seeing Jax, and Tate squealed, pulling my body down to cover hers.
‘What the fuck?’ I was naked as hell and Jax just stood there, wide-eyed with his lips formed in a circle. ‘Get the hell out!’ I yelled.
After a pause, he broke out in a grin and snorted. ‘Hey, you must be Tate. I’m Jaxon.’ And the fucker held out his hand for her to shake.
Thankfully, Tate was shielded by me, but I wasn’t covered. The dickhead had left the door open, too.

Tate peeked out and offered her hand bashfully. ‘Um…hi, Jaxon. Nice to meet you.”


   


3 comments:

  1. Awesome. What Jax did seems like a typical thing for a guy to do. Would love to see the rest of this scene.

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon.
    Followed you via GFC, FB, Twitter and Bloglovin

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! At least he didn't come in while they were still going, just at the end! Love the teasers!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that sucks so much but OMG it is so funny! Lock the doors behind you! Or perhaps they weren't thinking of these things ;) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete