expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

5 Star Review! Something Real by @writerlexiryan @Julie_AToMR


Reckless & Real #2
Adult Contemporary
Release: March 3, 2015

 After everything blew up on Christmas, Liz walked away from me, and I let her. She said she needed space and a chance to pursue her dreams. But we both knew she was running from the mess she made. Now the political campaign she used as an excuse to leave is bringing us back together and I’m proving to her what she really needs—not just the hot nights, greedy hands, and undeniable physical chemistry. What she really needs is something real. What she really needs…is me.

 
Wowzers!   This was one filled with drama and never ending heartache.  Something Real is the conclusion of Sam and Liz's story.  You need to read Something Wild and Something Reckless first.  Grab your tissues, grab your booze and hold on because this series was a doozy! 

In the Something Wild and Something Reckless you see Sam and Liz start falling in love, but things just keep getting in the way...their attraction is undeniable.  It's scorching hot!  Sam is the ultimate playboy, but Liz is the girl he's always wanted, but denied himself.  Liz has wanted Sam for years and when she finally attempts to get him, he turns her away.  Why? 
Fast forward and they can't deny each other anymore.  Secrets, lies, twists and turns break these two apart.  Oh my is it a jaw dropper when they finally admit that they love each other and then bang it happens again...life!

In Something Real, five months have past and Liz left Sam after the drama on Christmas morning.  His words haunt her every day..."I can't even look at you."  He destroyed her, but she still is in love with him.  He is her weakness...her Kryptonite.   Moving to a new city, and a new job has not lessened her heartbreak.  After a disastrous event is leaked, Liz is in even more pain.  How could Sam do this...how could he say he loves me and then do what he did....did I even mean anything or was I just sex for him?   Thousands of questions and emotions go through her mind?  But it all comes down to painstaking heartbreak again.

Sam can't believe what has happened.  Liz the love of his life has left and its his fault.  He treated her like crap and he's miserable, but he is just hoping that she'll come back.  He needs her, wants her, loves her.  Just when he thinks he can go and get her, apologize, his life is turned upside down and in the worst way!   Can she ever forgive him for what happened?  Will he be able to prove that she's the one he loves?  Or will he keep on hurting her? 

This book has so many ups and downs.  Secrets and lies to fill a lifetime...soap opera city.  But yet so believable.  I loved Liz and I could totally relate to her.  Loving someone so much that sometimes even though you know it's not good, you give into your heart even though your head screams no.  Sam I understood why he was doing what he did, but I got really mad at him a few times...just be honest!!  

The secondary characters...Sabrina, oh hell I wanted to throat punch that bitch!  She was pure evil...Connor so disliked him and wanted to stomp on him.  Liz's girls...they were the perfect friends.  They loved her even when she made stupid choices. They had her back no matter what and it made me think of my own friends.   

This series made me cry, swoon, get all hot and bothered and hell made me super angry!  I mean like literally throw my kindle down and yell!  Lexi Ryan does a good job twisting your emotions until you're ready to burst.  She definitely writes books that have some sort of twist that grips your heart.  And damn does she write some dirty dirty scenes...LOL.  

I recommend this series to anyone who wants to to be put through and emotional wringer...nah I recommend this to everyone.  I couldn't put it down and it just kept drawing me in. 
5 Heart Crushing Plus Stars!!

Favorite Quotes:
Maybe a good person would step away before things went too far, but when it comes to Samuel Bradshaw, I am neither good nor bad.  I'm only 
his.

"You've always been my girl."  His eyes lock on mine, and he slowly thrusts deep, then withdraws, then deep again. "Always."

"With some people, love becomes your air, like the oxygen that you can't live without.  You need it, and once you find it, you'll do anything to keep it." 
Review by Heather Driscoll 
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1MIw3g8


New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.




Reckless & Real #1
Adult Contemporary Romance
Release: December 22, 2014

He talks dirty to me, but I don’t know his name.
He wants to tie me up, but I don’t know his face.
He turns me on, but I couldn’t point him out in a crowd.
I’ve fallen for an anonymous stranger, and tonight the anonymity ends. Tonight I want more than typed secrets and texted promises. I want something reckless. Heat. Passion. The thrill of being entirely possessed.
Because I suspect this anonymous stranger isn’t a stranger at all.
Lizzy Thompson met riverrat69 online through Something Real, a service promising to deliver meaningful relationships by forbidding its users to share names or photos until they’ve reached a certain benchmark. She was looking for love. He was researching an investment. They hit it off. Talked and flirted, hid behind screen names and cartoon avatars.
Now they’re breaking the rules and meeting in person. But Liz is prepared. She’s picked up hints and followed clues.
She’s ninety-percent convinced she’s discovered the identity of her dirty-talking online friend.
She wonders if her ex-lover Sam Bradshaw knows her identity too.
When she rolls the dice on one reckless night, her chance at something real could crumble.

Google Play: http://bit.ly/1rcGtNp

No comments:

Post a Comment