expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Book Tour, Review & Playlist! Autumn in London & A Week in New York by Louise Bay @louisesbay

 The Empire State Trilogy 





Autumn in London

The Empire State Trilogy Part 2
Released December 2, 2014

Anna Kirby went to New York to escape heartbreak and have some fun. She wasn't meant to meet someone . . . someone like Ethan. Now, back in London, she's faced with another man to get over.
Ethan Scott broke every one of his rules during his week with Anna and now he can't seem to go back to life before her. A business trip to London gives him the opportunity to change his rules for good. Will he take it? 
Autumn in London is the second part of The Empire State Series, a series of three novellas.


             


Review- 4 Stars

More Ethan and Anna! I knew the author would have to bring these two back together, so it wasn’t a surprise to find Ethan on his way to London as the novella opens. I was however, surprised that he was not sure whether he wanted to contact Anna. When A Week in New York ended, he was convinced that if she lived in NY they would have something special. But then, I suppose he was only being realistic, how would the outcome of this trip differ from the last?

It turns out Ethan and Anna work for the same company (kismet anyone?). So, Ethan’s decision about whether to contact Anna is basically made for him. Anna doesn’t see it with the same optimism though. We have a few misunderstanding, some funny moments, sweet and romantic encounters, and steamy wild sex! These two are an explosive combination in and out of the bedroom. Ethan is a complete alpha and so very sexy. These two are just made for each other and though I tried to prepare myself, the cliffhanger at the end just killed me! Though I admit, this one left the reader with more hope.

I can’t wait to get to that third installment and see how things work out. Now, if only I didn’t have to wait for it to be released! 

Playlist

Good Morning Heartache
Ella Fitzgerald

I Wish You Would
Taylor Swift

Don’t You Remember
Adele

I’ve Got You Under My Skin
Diana Krall

King of Wishful Thinking
Go West

Life is Good
Brittini Black

Quitter
Carrie Underwood







A Week in New York


The Empire State Trilogy Part 1
Released October 21, 2014

Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.
A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.
Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.
It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.

 A Week in New York is the first part of The Empire State Series, a series of three novellas.





                       

Review- 4 stars

This novella was adorable and steamy at the same time. That's a tough combination to pull off!
I have always been a fan of novella series. I think its fun to break the story up into smaller parts. Maybe it’s because if it were one long novel, I would read right through until the very end and life would pass me right on by! A novella series gives me a place to stop and do other things for a while. All though, it doesn’t always work out that way, sometimes I can’t help but move right on to the next one. That was the case with A Week in London.

Anna and Ethan have a chance meeting in a bar and start a whirlwind, week long romance before Anna must head back home to London. They agree to no strings, no attachments, and no contact. However, the sparks that fly between them start to go much deeper and when the week is over, they are reluctant to part. And yet…they do. Cliffhanger warning!!!! I was expecting one though.
Anna and Ethan both have a sense of humor that had me chuckling from time to time. I liked the fact that they had personalities for me to get to know. There is certainly quite a bit of sex, but I didn’t feel as though it was overdone. It is however, HOT!!!

I’m anxious to resolve the cliffhanger and see what happens to Ethan and Anna in Autumn in London

Playlist

A New York State of Mind
Alicia Keys

No More Tears (Enough is Enough)
Barbara Streisand & Donna Summer

Same Kinda Man
Candice Glover

One Night Only
Jennifer Hudson

I Wanna be Your Lover
Prince

Ain’t Nobody
Chaka Khan

All The Lovers
Kylie Minogue



 I write sexy, romantic, contemporary novels - the kind I like to read!
Ruined by romantic mini-series of the seventies and eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.
I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.


No comments:

Post a Comment